viernes, 23 de mayo de 2008

Why do people buy online?


There's no other city in the US as New York. Not only from a social point of view, but from comparing it to the usual American way of life. I reckon it's one of the only cities here where you don't need a car to move yourself around. People tend to live in houses more than in flats (or apartments), and shops aren't normally on the streets. They are located in malls (such horrible places, God!). But it doesn't happen here in the biggest city of the country.
Then, I believe people living anywhere else in the States, once saw how important Internet could be for them in order to buy whatever. From food to cars. From clothes to swimming pools. They didn't need to drive to a Mall. And we all know how lazy Amerticans are! Apart from that, online shops do not have to have a physical place to display their products, so the final price to the costumer is significantly reduced compared to the same product bought in a traditional shop.
Last week I decided to try this channel of distribution, even though I am living in NYC. I used to use Internet just for communicating with friends, writing emails and working. Now I discovered another use! :)
Here is what I bought: a pair of sunglasses. The price in shops is around 150 dollars, and I got them for 127 (tax and delivery included) at www.coolframes.com. They told me I was going to receive them in approx 12 days, and it just took a week for my RayBan to arrive to my apartment. Isn't it cool??
CoolFrames delivers internationally, with a fixed price of around 25 dollars. So, if you need a pair of glasses, I highly recommend this site.
I will let you know what I'm going to buy online next... Stay tunned!