martes, 27 de mayo de 2008

HIV

What would it happen if I was suddenly found to be HIV positive? I don't really know. I can't even imagine it. The thing is that I would not only care about my own health, but I would care about the social stigma around it. HIV is not only a STD, it's also a label.
People suffering from this illness become scared of facing it and telling the truth to the world as the world is not prepared yet to accept it as an illness only transmitted by body fluids such as sperm or blood. You can't get infected by sitting next to a HIV positive person, neither you can by sharing a glass of water.
If I was found HIV positive, I'd only ask to be surrounded by people who could understand how important love is. How important friendship is. How important life is.

... And I told Him: "HIV is like your own baby: treat him right, do the best for him, eat healthy food so he is well fed, be content so he notices it, feel happy, feel good, try to educate him. Protect him from extreme temperatures, as you would protect your child. Don't take drugs, as you would never give them to your own son. Be careful when consuming liquors, as he can get drunk and do bad things. If you treat him OK, he will treat you right too. If you try to treat him badly, He will die, and you will die jointly with him".